This Policy provides guidelines to protect personal data, which may be processed, retained and disclosed by Kuiper Group.
This Policy applies to all business processes of Kuiper Group.
Personal Data Protection Act (No 26 of 2012 – Singapore)
Australian Privacy Act 1988
UK Data Protection Act 2018
EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
By interacting with Kuiper Group, submitting information, or signing up for any services offered by Kuiper Group, the individual(s) agree and consent to Kuiper Group collecting, using, disclosing and sharing information. This Policy stipulates how Kuiper Group manage personal information and comply with relevant Legislation. The purposes for which the personal data / information is collected, used are detailed in this Policy including details of disclosing information to clients, authorised service providers and relevant third parties.
Kuiper Group is dedicated to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of all personal and other business related proprietary information.Confidential information of a private or proprietary nature includes but is not limited to:
- Candidate names
- Contact number(s)
- Addresses (postal and email)
- Date of birth
- Driving licence
- Passport information
- Qualifications and training certificates
- Next of kin
- Performance feedback
- Medical reports / details
- Financial information for payments / salary including tax file number
- Work history and references
Kuiper Group Key Principles:
- This Policy requires that all personnel including both employees and contractors treat all private and confidential information with due diligence and comply at all times with relevant Legislation
- All confidential information must only be used for the purpose for which it is intended, stored in a secure location and disposed of in a secure way so as not to allow access of such information to individuals unauthorised to obtain such information
- Only authorised personnel will be permitted to obtain and use private and confidential information
- Kuiper Group will take disciplinary action up to and including termination deemed appropriate by the Company for any breach of this Policy
Policy and Procedure details
- Personal Data
- Collection of Personal Data
Personal data is collected when an individual:
- submits forms or documents for a job application or applies for any Kuiper Group service
- enters into any agreement
- interacts with Kuiper Group’s staff e.g. via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails
- uses Kuiper’s electronic services, or interacts with Kuiper Group via the website or uses services on the website
- is captured by Kuiper Group via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises, or via photographs or videos taken by Kuiper Group or our representatives when attending events at company premises
- Is contacted by, and responds to, Kuiper Group’s recruitment / operation / administration / management team
- seeks information about an individual and receive personal data in connection with their relationship with Kuiper Group, including for Kuiper Group’s services or job applications, for example, from business partners, public agencies, their ex-employer, referral intermediaries and the relevant authorities
- submits their personal data to Kuiper Group for any other reasons
When an individual views the Kuiper Group’s website, Kuiper Group does not automatically collect personal data unless the individual provides such information.
If an individual provides Kuiper Group with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. next-of-kin information, spouse, children etc.), it is deemed that the individual has obtained the consent of the third party prior to submitting their personal data / information to Kuiper Group.
The individual shall ensure that all personal data submitted to Kuiper Group is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure to do so may result in Kuiper Group’s inability to provide the individual with requested services, and / or delay services of processing the individual’s application.
- Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
The Company may collect use and disclose personal data of an individual for the following purposes:
(a) If a candidate applies to Kuiper Group for employment:
- conducting or arranging interviews
- obtaining references
- background screening
- purposes which are reasonably related to successfully employing the individual
(b) For an existing employee of Kuiper Group:
- providing remuneration and staff benefits (including employee leave, and insurance), reviewing salaries and bonuses, conducting salary benchmark Kuiper Group reviews, staff appraisals and evaluation, as well as recognizing individuals for their services and conferring awards
- administrating the employment relationship, its management and termination, including manpower, logistics management, work permit, employment pass or visa applications, providing employee relocation support, processing expense claims, tax clearance and payment to provident funds, facilitating overseas travel arrangements, and reservist management
- training, learning and performance development and management
- providing employee with tools and equipment to enable or facilitate the performance of his / her duties
- business continuity, including compiling and publishing internal directories and emergency contact lists; conducting analytics, surveys and research for human resource planning and management, and for Kuiper Group to review, develop, optimize and improve work-related practices, environment and productivity
- ensuring that the administrative and business operations function in a secure, efficient and effective manner
- generating incident reports and handling complaints
(c) Responding to, processing and handling the individual’s queries, requests, feedback, and complaints.
(d) verifying identity of an individual
(e) managing and planning the administrative and business operations of the Company and complying with internal policies, reporting requirements and procedures
(f) facilitating business asset transactions
(g) requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research and / or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for Kuiper Group to understand customer behaviour, preferences and market trends, and to review, develop and improve the quality of Kuiper Group’s services
(h) matching any personal data held which relates to an individual for any of the purposes listed herein
(i) preventing, detecting and investigating crime and analysing and managing commercial risks
(j) managing the safety and security of company premises and services (including but not limited to carrying out CCTV surveillance and conducting security clearances)
(k) monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes
(l) in connection with any claims, actions or proceedings (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, transaction documentation, obtaining legal advice, and facilitating dispute resolution), and/or protecting and enforcing Kuiper’s contractual and legal rights and obligations
(m) conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud
(n) meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on the Group (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations)
Furthermore, where permitted under Legislation, Kuiper Group may also collect, use and disclose personal data of an individual for the following “Additional Purposes”:
(a) matching personal data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision or offering of services
(b) conducting market research, understanding and analyzing customer behavior, location, preferences and demographics for us to offer you products and services as well as special offers and marketing programs which may be relevant to your preferences and profile
In relation to particular services, Kuiper Group shall specifically notify an individual of other purposes for which the personal data to be collected, used or disclosed.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Kuiper Group shall take reasonable steps to protect personal data of individuals against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, the personal data shall be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following entities or parties;
(a) Kuiper Group’s clients for the purpose of recruitment and selection
(b) companies providing services relating to medical screening and insurance to Kuiper Group
(c) agents, contractors, sub-contractors or third-party service providers who provide operational services to Kuiper Group, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, technical services, transportation, training, market research, call center, security, or other services to the Company
(d) any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale)
(e) professional advisers such as consultants, auditors, doctors, Employment Assistant Providers (EAP) and lawyers
(f) customers, clients and business partners in relation to managing project tenders and obtaining appropriate security clearance on behalf of our vendors and service providers
(g) clearing and depository houses
(h) foreign embassies, travel agencies and hotels in relation to facilitating overseas travel arrangements
(i) relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority
(j) any other party to whom the individual authorize Kuiper Group to disclose his/her personal data to.
Cookies are small text files stored in a computer or other electronic devices, which allow a server administrator to remember a visitor.When an individual interacts / views the Kuiper website for any reason, the cookies may be automatically received and recorded on the company server. Although no personal data is stored relating to the individual, the cookies may be recorded in order for Kuiper Group’s server to recognize a returning visitor.
Received and recorded information may include:
- Monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the website
- What kind of browser a visitor is using
- What operating system a visitor is using
- A visitor’s IP address
- A visitor’s click stream information and time stamp (for example, which pages they have viewed, the time the pages were accessed and the time spent per web page).
The cookies placed by Kuiper Group’s server are readable only by Kuiper Group, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on an electronic device. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if the individual refuse the cookie, any information on that visitor shall not be retained.
- Data Security
Kuiper Group shall take reasonable efforts to protect personal data in its possession or control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.The security of any personal data we may have collected via our website is not completely granted should it be affected by viruses, bugs, Trojan horses, spyware or adware etc. The user shall be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
- Access, Correction and issue relating to Personal Data
Any query, complaint, access and correction requests to the Company shall be submitted to relevant Kuiper Group Office Representative.If a withdrawal of consent is submitted for the use of all / any of an individual’s personal data is received, Kuiper Group may not be in a position to continue to provide its services to the individual, or administer any contractual relationship in place, which in turn may also result in the termination of any agreements with the Company. The individual may be in breach of the contractual obligations or undertakings, The Company’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
Kuiper Group shall contact any organization or individual to confirm any query, complaint, access/correction requests received by a third party.
- Personal Data